Author Topic: Century Career Center Intern: Treiton Calloway  (Read 1180 times)

Archona Rani Saha

Century Career Center Intern: Treiton Calloway
« on: October 12, 2023, 09:49:22 AM »

Treiton Calloway and Leah Walthery.

Student name: Treiton Calloway

Parents’ names: Brittani McCullough and Kevin Brummitt

Post-secondary plans: Attend Purdue University for Soil Science and Agronomy

Career plans: Soil Scientist

Century Career Center class: Professional Career Internship

Century Career Center instructor: Cynthi Frye

Business name: Cass County Soil and Water Conservation District (SWCD)

Supervisor’s name: Leah Walthery

Supervisor’s title: Director

Calloway: “My time with the Cass County Soil and Water Conservation District (SWCD) has been wonderful in teaching me about how a conservation office functions. Interacting with various community members all over Indiana has been greatly useful in furthering my knowledge of nature conservation. This internship has shown me how interactive and team-based an agriculture occupation can be. I enjoy experiencing the balance of planning in an office environment and then applying your goals and plans in the field. The SWCD is about outreach and education, and I have certainly learned a lot about the business.”

Supervisor’s input
What do you think of the internship program? “This internship program has an excellent track record and established presence within our community. It is an important opportunity for businesses and students to network, make meaningful connections, and foster positive employment experiences.”

Why were you willing to participate? “The SWCD Board and staff are focused on serving our community. We believe that supporting the education of young adults interested in conservation is a key priority. We have a robust network of professionals and diverse programming that we work with daily. It is a pleasure to share this experience and introduce students and our partners to each other.”

Source: Pharos-Tribune 517 E. Broadway, Logansport, IN
Original content: https://www.pharostribune.com/news/article_f2fb4b0e-6797-11ee-967a-5fb38f533f44.html