Author Topic: Virtual Interview Contest Applications Open for Junior Holstein Members  (Read 1442 times)

Archona Rani Saha

The information below has been supplied by dairy marketers and other industry organizations. It has not been edited, verified or endorsed by Hoard's Dairyman.

Lauren Silveira and Chloe Chapman took first and third place in the Junior Division of the 2022 Virtual Interview Contest, respectively. They were recognized for their achievements during the 2023 National Holstein Convention in Lexington, Kentucky.

Junior Holstein members are encouraged to participate in the Virtual Interview Contest. The competition helps youth practice their resume and cover letter writing skills while receiving feedback from agricultural professionals. The virtual format of the competition makes it easy for youth from across the country to participate.

“The National Junior Holstein Association Virtual Interview Contest allowed me to sharpen my interview skills, particularly strengthening my ability to respond to impromptu questions,” says 2022 Virtual Interview Contest participant Sarah Craun from Virginia. “I enjoyed the interaction with the interview panel, and I am grateful for the real world learning experience that will certainly benefit me in my future career endeavors.”

Youth will first submit their resume and cover letters for a mock scenario, and up to 15 applicants from each division will be selected for a virtual interview with a panel of three judges. Every individual who participates will be given written feedback on their cover letter and resume. Those who reach the interview phase will also receive written feedback on their interview.

The Virtual Interview Contest is open to youth ages 12 to 21 as of January 1, 2023. Individuals must be a Junior member of Holstein Association USA to be eligible. Youth will be split into three categories based on age. Following are the mock scenarios for each age division.

Junior Division Mock Interview Scenario (ages 12 to 14 as of January 1): Applying to be sponsored for a free trip to the 2024 National Junior Holstein Convention.

Intermediate Division Mock Interview Scenario (ages 15 to 17 as of January 1): Applying for a job shadowing experience with Holstein Association USA in one of the following areas: Classification, Marketing & Communications, Genetics, Sales, or Customer Service.

Senior Division Mock Interview Scenario (ages 18 to 21 as of January 1): Applying for your first job in your desired career path after completing your post-secondary education.

Cash prizes of $250 for first place, $100 for second place, and $50 for third place will be awarded in the junior and intermediate divisions. In the senior division, youth will be given cash prizes of $500 for first place, $250 for second place, and $100 for third place.

Entries for the Virtual Interview Contest are currently being accepted and interested youth should send a cover letter and resume corresponding to their appropriate age division to kdunlkee@holstein.com by October 1, 2023. Youth who make it to the virtual interview round will be notified in November with interviews to follow in December.

Source: Hoard’s Dairyman
Original content: https://shorturl.at/fkmuP